Learn how to encourage your child to read more and become a better writer. Here are a few simple ways to help your child with language arts homework.
- Take your child to the library.
- Write something for your child to read – a note, shopping list, joke, or reminder.
- Read to your child before bed every night.
- Talk to your child about the importance of reading.
- Movies can lead kids to books. If your child loves movies, find out if the movie was based on a book. You can also find related books.
- Find magazines that highlight your child's interests, like history, geography, music, and sports.
- Turn off the radio and TV and put away games.
- Make sure your child can see clearly. Vision problems could be why your child doesn't like reading.