You can help your child learn about different cultures and languages all over the world. By showing her what makes up these cultures – including religion, politics, languages, and traditions – your child can look for differences and similarities in her own culture.
Talk about differences and similarities. Use these tips to get conversations started:
- Talk about how cultures and societies are created.
- Explore how people communicate through language, stories, folktales, music, and art.
- Discuss the ways language, art, music, beliefs, and other cultural elements can provide global understanding or lead to misunderstanding.
- Talk about how people's lives and jobs change, depending on their physical environment.
- Stay on top of current events.