Here are some tips for writing a good resume:
- Keep it short: One page
- List most recent job first. Put your jobs in order from most recent to oldest.
- Give basic information about each job. Include the company name, dates you worked there, your job title and your responsibilities.
- Talk about your major accomplishments at each job. For example: "recognized as employee of the month;" "handled 60 calls per day;" "responsible for maintaining inventory"
- Use action words. Such as: "created," "managed," "ran," "handled," "answered"
- List your awards. Include awards you got in school for academics, sports, clubs, etc.
- Include other experience. If you don't have a lot of job experience, write down any volunteer experience you have.
Get more resume tips from ResumeMaker.
Before you send your resume: Attach a cover letter addressed to the employer, introducing yourself and explaining why you want to work for the company.
Click here for information on writing a cover letter .