Five ways to make bill paying easier
- Open a bank account. This allows you to pay by check, automatically, or online.
- Pay online. Online banking, which most banks offer, makes bill paying really fast and easy.
- Create a budget. Identify when each of your bills is due and when you get your pay check.
- Create a schedule. Map out when you should pay your bills each month. Try to narrow down your bill paying to a couple of times a month.
- Get bills paid before they are due. Don't wait until the last minute to pay your bills. Pay them as soon as you receive a statement, or as soon as you have money available. Especially if you are posting your check - you have to allow time for the check to reach them in the post. If you pay bills by debit order, they will automatically be paid on time.